Having a filter cartridge stop working can be a huge pain. Replace your pool's current filter cartridge with a reliable option like the C-8409 Sta-Rite 11.38-Inch Replacement Filter Cartridge.
This filter cartridge's part number is C8409 and measures in at 17.38 inches in length with an outside diameter of 8.94 inches. Both the top and bottom caps have 4-inch openings and in total, it has a pleat count of 174. This replacement filter cartridge works for Hayward Star-Clear Plus C900 (CX900 RE), Sta-Rite Posi Clear PXC 95 (25230 0095S), and Waterway Clearwater II 100 (817 0100N). Consider the Unicel Filter Cartridge to among your top go-to pool, hot tub, and spa cleaner essentials if you have 1 of those compatible models. However, be sure to replace your cartridge regularly to ensure the long-lasting life of your pool's filtration system. Here are some signs it may be time to replace your cartridge:
The plastic end caps on your pool cartridge ensure the material stays together. They're made of heavy-duty plastic but can crack over time with exposure to pool chemicals. When they become brittle, they can crack or chip, sending broken pieces through your filtration system and causing equipment damage. Prevent any possible harm to your pool's filtering system by replacing your cartridge as soon as you notice damage on the plastic endcaps.
When the pleats of your cartridge become flattened or damaged, water flow through the filter can be restricted and reduce its ability to efficiently clean your pool's water. This happens through normal use as dirt and other debris saturate the cartridge.
Water pressure, chemicals, and day to day use can cause cartridges to wear over time. You may notice this in the form of ripped fabric or fraying, causing it to look like there are small "hairs" on the cartridge. If you notice ripping or tearing, replace your filter early, as these tears will only widen over time.
- Keep your pool or spa clean with this replacement cartridge from Unicel
- Replaces: Hayward Star Clear Plus C900 (CX900 RE), Sta Rite Posi Clear PXC 95 (25230 0095S), Waterway Clearwater II 100 (817 0100N), Pleatco PA90, Filbur FC1292, and Unicel C8409
- Top quality, dependable, and durable filter
- Easy to clean and easy to replace
- Top & Bottom Cap: 4-inch open with molded gasket
- Pleat Count: 174
- Product/item type: Pool cartridge
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 9 x 9.5 x 18 inches
- Weight: 5.6 pounds
VMInnovations is proud to offer fast, free shipping every day. Items are typically delivered between 1-3 days.
Most orders placed before 2:00 PM CST ship the same day.
Free Shipping Details
- Our free shipping service is standard ground shipping with FedEx, USPS, or a regional carrier.
- Items are usually delivered in 1-3 days, but some may take up to 5 days.
- Some orders may require a signature before delivery.
- At this time, we only offer free shipping inside the 48 continental United States.
- Free shipping is not available for APO/FPO.
- Some items can be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico. Please note free shipping does not apply to these locations. You will need to select the AK/HI/PR shipping in your cart.
- We are currently unable to ship items internationally.
Freight Shipping Information (LTL)
Some items are too large to be shipped with a regional carrier, FedEx, or USPS, and we ship these items with our freight carriers.
Please read the information below so you fully understand the delivery process and requirements.
We will need your phone number for the delivery. The carrier will need to call you in order to set up a delivery time. Please make sure the number you provide during checkout is the best one to reach you. If paying with PayPal, please make sure the number on your account is accurate.
You'll need to inspect your package upon arrival before you sign. If your order arrives damaged, you should sign "DAMAGED" on the delivery receipt. If the item is damaged to the point that it is not usable, you can refuse the item.
Please notify and, if possible, send photos of any damage to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your order number. A member of our Customer Experience team will reach out to you with further instructions.
At this time, we do not offer "in-home" deliveries. Your shipment must be delivered to the curbside and will require a signature. Please be sure you are able to move the item after it arrives, as the carrier will not be able to assist.
We do our best to ship orders as fast as we can. If you need to cancel your order, please let us know as soon as possible by calling our Customer Experience team at 866-639-9320. Please note that if we are unable to cancel your order before it ships, you will be responsible for the shipping charges.
If the item is returned from the freight company for any reason other than damage, additional shipping or storage fees may apply. Reasons may include invalid or incorrect address information, and incorrect phone number or contact information, or failing to schedule or missing an already scheduled delivery appointment.
If the item is delivered and a return is requested, the freight shipping fees will be deducted from the final refund amount.